Tree Swallows

I went out again this morning to try for Swallows and Bluebirds (or anything else that might show up). This pair of Tree Swallows posed pretty nicely for me on a couple of occasions.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I removed a couple of stubs on the perch-any evidence?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I was looking for a frame with good interaction-does this one fit the bill?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Dennis, yes I like the interaction of them gazing at each other and the placement of one slightly above the other works well. Nice perch too - I can’t tell where you took out the stubs. Nice exposure. Well done.

Really nice. As Allen mentioned, the interaction is great, and the perch is the perfect size. Whites and that bluish-green iridescence is just right. I might try to dodge the black mask on the upper bird to see if you could get a little more detail there. I also wish one of them had turned its head a degree or two toward you. They both seem to be looking away from you every-so-slightly. I think I can see a little cloning artifact on the little hump between the birds, closest to the one on the right. Any chance you could get them to perch a little lower so the BG is more varied?