Barred Owl in Flight

Shot this a few years ago at a local NWR. For years, there was a couple of barred owls who raised owlets every summer near a gravel road in the NWR. I spent a lot of mornings with them back then, and every now and then, you’d get an opportunity to photograph them in flight. Here’s one I was actually able to take advantage of.

Techs:

D3s
500mm F/4 AF-S II
1/2000
f/6.3
ISO 1000

This is not far from full frame. Cropped in a bit from the left and top. The bird was in shadow, so I lightened it. Otherwise, the standard edit: sharpened only the bird, reduced noise on the BG, resized to 1500 px for posting. All feedback welcome.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Superb Owl flight photo, Lyle.
I think it is a bit tight and a touch too green (I would isolate the BG and tone it down).
Would be hard to get a better pose unless you had eye contact.
IQ and sharpness first rate.

Wonderful shot of an elusive subject. Nice sharpness and flight pose. Only nit is I’d suggest adding more space to the right.

Very nice owl flight image. Sharp where it needs to be. I like the slightly blurred wingtips and the bright background. Perhaps adding a little more canvas on the right?

Superb owl in-flight shot. Looks like you were pretty close. Really good job on the detail, wing position, and background.

Great flight shot with excellent detail. Perhaps a bit more room on top and right?

Excellent image quality and a nice flight pose, Lyle. It’s not often you get these out and about in the daylight, so this is really cool.