"Bass Harbor"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

This was my first exposure-blend back in 2016. It was rough w/ halos around the trees. But, I wanted to re-visit it, and see if I could clean it up. Just wondering if this would pass for “passable” … or are there still artifacts that drive you crazy?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All Comments are valued!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

2-Exposure blend, Sony A7R2, Metabones adaptor, Canon 24mm Tilt shift, 30 sec at f/13, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

4 Likes

Doug, I think this looks great. The only thing I’m noticing with the blend is some haloing where the furthest rocks meet the clouds on the left.

1 Like

Man, this is a reeeeeally nice capture. I would not change a thing. This is a “wall-hanger”.

Hi @Doug_Blunt, very nice image. Regarding composition it’s perfect. I love the light on the rocks and buildin, also the foreground in shadows. This tones works well together. Really a great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all. Yes, I noticed the halo on the background rocks. Will make an adjustment. Thanks!

Beautiful light and mood here! I love that soft light on the rocks in the middle. The image would already have worked without the lighthouse reflected, but it being there is yet another nice touch!

A little haloing on left as already mentioned. Wonderful comp, the reflection makes it for me, well done, Doug.

Very nice image Doug. As others have mentioned there is some slight haloing. But the overall twilight mood of your processing is wonderful. The light on the top of the rocks is gorgeous. This is one of the nicer images of Bass Harbor light that I have seen in awhile, so it would be very worthwhile to invest some further processing time in dealing with the halos.

Living in New England, I get up to Acadia 3 or 4 times a year, and always enjoy seeing this scene, even if the rocks can be treacherous to navigate.

This image is fantastic! I love the composition! And you did a fine job with your blend.

Sure, there are halos around the trees but they aren’t too noticeable unless you look really closely. One thing you could try is to use a clone stamp on darken mode to get rid of them. But since they aren’t that bad, I probably wouldn’t bother unless I am about to print it large.

I’ll try the clone stamp on darken mode. Thanks for the tip!