Beautiful Blizzard

I love snow and I was just trying to capture it falling/blowing against the trees.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with a phone , used 1/60 shutter speed , cropped

2 Likes

Your focus on that front tree with it’s great shape looks very good. While this would be a fine winter scene without the blowing snow, the snow provides some extra interest as it’s really flying past quickly.

1 Like

Your choice of shutter speed caught the flying snow nicely against the dark tree trunk, and to me this adds something special to the image. The foreground tree is clearly dominant, and makes for a great subject (the repetition of shapes in the vertical branches creates some nice interest). My only nitpick is that I wish there was slightly more breathing room space below the bottom of the tree, it feels a bit cramped there. Having some extra room there would provide more of base for the tree to stand on.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad you noticed the flying snow. I wasn’t sure if it would stand out. @Mark_Seaver

Yes, I see what you mean. I checked the original image and that’s how I took it. I was trying to keep out the foreground of plowed snow from the street. Because I wanted to make it seem like a forest even though it’s a small picnic area. @Ed_McGuirk thank you for your feedback.

Nice wintery scene! Love how you captured the falling snow.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN Raven.

I too like the blowing snow, and my favorite part are those background trees. The repeated straight trunks back there are very attractive. It would be worth walking closer to those for another image that isolates them.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the welcome John! I took some other pictures, I’ll have to see if I have anything like that… @John_Williams

1 Like

I like it. You can definitely feel ‘winter’ in this image and the falling/blowing snow is a nice touch.

1 Like

Thanks, Tom. I’m glad you think it works.