Beautiful Chaos (tree abstract)

This is an image I took in Costa Rica. Not sure the name of the tree but the branches seem to have such an urgent, chaotic feel. They appear to be desperately searching for something yet at the same time have a sense of organized purpose.

Specific Feedback Requested

What was you very first impression? Was it chaos, organization, just simple beauty, or something else?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix GX8, 14-140 lens, f7.1@1/400
Processed with Lightroom Mobil and Snapseed.

Bill.green.images
5 Likes

Bill, I think this is an amazing image. I think your framing is spot on and the larger image really keeps me engaged. I would say my first impression with the smaller image was the I needed to see the larger one. The impression from the larger one was this is a fine art image that needs to be printed large and framed. There is so much to look at here that the larger it is the more engaging it is.

Well done, sir.

1 Like

I can’t add anything to what @David_Bostock already said. It is fine art! You captured the tree perfectly!

Thank you so much. I appreciate your input.

1 Like

Thank for those kind words. I do plan to print and mount this one.

Bill, I love this one! The light just make this great composition pefect. My first impression is beauty. Maybe the light for me make the chaos go away. The only thing I can come up with, it is just a minor issue, is that some small white spots could be darkened a tad. Once again, a great image!

Thank you for the nice critique. Actually the tree has many very small white “berries” and this is probably what you refer to. They remind me of bursts of mini fireworks.

1 Like

Also there are many white flowers.

This feels joyous to me. It is a bit chaotic, but it’s a happy chaos. Maybe like a large group of small children running to and fro while playing. Although there are lots of lines, they are curved, giving this a gentle air. It’s a gentle chaos.

1 Like

Hey @Bill_Green,

I wouldn’t change a thing on this image, it’s gorgeous the way it is. A beautiful abstracting that keeps the eyes locked and the viewer wandering the image.

Thanks for sharing, cheers.

Bonnie, thanks for your input. Everything you said is related to the way I saw it. Good to know it was conveyed.

I appreciate your comment. Thank you.

Wonderfully effective use of monochrome. The sunlit and shadowed sides of the limbs/branches, which would normally be distracting, are now complementary to each other in this abstract composition. You’ve got the perfect middle gray for the sky too to let the tree’s shapes stand out so well. I also like the warm toning here. Sweet image all around.

@Bill_Green, what a beautiful image.
I first recognized the tree and it’s limbs and branches, but then the human nervous system came to mind. Delicate and beautiful. Seemingly chaotic, but actually with much purpose.
I’m glad to see you’ll be printing this. I can just imagine the oohs and ahhhs you’ll hear!