Under the red/yellow light
An unknown forest

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
F5,6 1/6 Iso 64 70-200 at 70mm Nikon D850

3 Likes

Great job framing that bit of smoldering orange. Set against the green and the trunks it shows well. The kiss of sun is wonderful on the undergrowth. Your daily walks are making me jealous.

1 Like

You do have an eye for light! Lovely. I would be tempted, however, to use the tree more as a frame for what, for me, is the focus of the image - the gorgeous orange light. So, I’d like to see it cropped from the left and from the top because, for me as I said, this picture isn’t about the tree and I find what is going on to the left of it rather distracting.

2 Likes

I like the way you compose the shot, so the eye is drawn to the several “key points”. I love the subtle light.
On the other side, I find the out of focus highlights also compete with that attention.

1 Like

Ben,
You do these woodland scenes so well while out on your walks and this one is no exception. I like the way the tree on the left helps frame the scene and directs the viewer toward the orange leaves in the BG. The lighting is soft and subtle which only accentuates the peaceful quiet mood here. My only suggestion would be to clone out a couple of those hot leaves along the bottom edge center of the frame as they catch my eye a little. Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like