What is behind the big tree

To me a nice vista ( see tru?) in a dense part of the forest.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more then welcome !

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I love forest scenes, but I always want to find a little mystery in them. To me this one is a bit too “real” with bright light and sharpened details. I’m new here and don’t know if you are into manipulation, but it might be an interesting interpretation to minimize sharpening, reduce contrast if possible with the Shadows and Highlights sliders in raw conversion, and do a subtle Glamour Glow filter, in Nik Color Efex Pro. To go farther, I sometimes do a subtle Topaz Simplify on scenes like this. It can give a mysterious effect that doesn’t look like a filter.

The dominant trunks with the hinted at scene behind compositionally work well for me. It’s hard to pull that off in a dense forest.

I do agree with @Diane_Miller about the contrast. On my monitor it is harsh, taking on almost an HDR effect.