Bellows Work

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? The comp could be better and this is full frame.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, short mount 105mm f4 Micro-Nikkor on Pb-6 bellows (Iso 400, 1/100 sec. f18, Light provided by 3 flashes) 6 images stack with PMax, Levels, Brightness & Contrast).

Jenny purchased a Nikon bellows with a lens for my Xmas present. I think that this image reveals that the test was a success!! I used 3 flashes to light up the specimen and the raw files were about a third of a stop underexposed. The flash batteries were starting to run out of power.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jim, I am really enjoying this. Great color and details. The composition really works for me.

1 Like

Jim: Eye popping detail and dynamic range on this. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

1 Like

This looks great, Jim. I used to use an Olympus short mount lens on a bellows and that combo makes for some wonderfully sharp highly magnified images. The details are terrific and your stack looks perfect.

1 Like