Best shot of the day

I spent around 10 minutes photographing a Great Blue Heron juvenile and this Great Egret juvenile, on the Four Mile River in East Lyme, CT. at 8:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2021. The Egret out fished the Blue by 4 to 1. Just before leaving the river the Egret stopped fishing for a quick clean-up and was lucky to get a 3 shots off.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, F7.1, 516mm, 1/2000, -1.3EV, ISO 800. The shot was cropped by 20% and I reduced the highlights in DXO photo Lab 4.

2 Likes

That would easily be a favorite if I had shot it too. Well done, sir.

Amazing photo, Peter! Wonderful detail in the feathers and the position, well, pretty sure I can’t do that any more! I was just at our local nature trail this morning and found at least 14 Great Egrets (along with a couple of Blue Herons). I have never seen that many, it was such a special treat. I got some snaps, but nothing compare to your great images. Nicely done.

Peter, the pose and details are excellent. The partial reflection is a good extra.

A great representation of the Great Egret.

Hi Peter,

I like the overall exposure and depth to the scene. Excellent details in the whites and the intriguing pose is perfect. Perfect for a favorite photo…Jim

Great capture of this contortionist. I can see why it is one of your favorites.

Hi David, Linda,Mark, Chris, Jim and Harley.
Thank you for the comments. This photograph was one of times when I was at the right place and right time.
Peter