Big Sky

To be honest I’m not sure how negative space differs from minimalism. I decided that this might fit into the category. It’s also an image I haven’t posted but is probably good enough for viewing. This was taken on one of those lonesome highways in Nevada that I find so appealing.

D810, 24-70mm

This clearly gives the idea of a vast expanse, and I like the balance of sky and land. I was pondering the question myself regarding negative space vs. minimalism, and how much content/texture/etc. can be in a space before it doesn’t really apply.

Igor, this is a very peaceful, inviting view. The clear sky above the mountains adds well. The few cows and the strips of gold add to the invitation. There is a dust spot along the mid-line a bit left of center in the sky.

Love those lonesome Nevada highways. Usually, I think of negative space as the space around and between objects in a frame, not so much the minimalistic frame as a whole, but seems to me that minimalism can be a subset of the negative space category (as Mark intended for this week).

I like the way you used the clouds to balance the main mountains. This has a peaceful feeling.