Birch and Ferns

Description:

Textured trunk of a Birch tree framed by ferns; my intent was to draw the eye into the detail and texture of the tree.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Does the DOF work for this image or does your eye want to see the ferns in focus also? I prefer this version…

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Panasonic G9 - Leica DG 12-60 46mm
ISO 800 F4 1/8
Is this a composite? No

@JohnCRudySearcher

Welcome to the NPN community, John. This is a fantastic place to share and learn. Beautiful Birch tree surrounded by the ferns. You have gotten some great texture and detail in the tree and the ferns do frame it nicely. Just a thought, if it were mine, I would consider cropping a bit from the top to help place more focus on the great detail in the middle of the tree. Nicely done and we look forward to more of your photos here at NPN.

1 Like

John, welcome to NPN. This birch trunk and ferns look very good. However, the weekly challenge them runs for only one week and this week’s theme is favorite places. I also see that you’ve posted two pictures. The NPN guidelines ask that you only post one picture to a particular gallery in 24 hours. If you have a favorite place, I look forward to seeing it.

Mark - thanks for the welcome, the feedback and the redirect on the guidelines. I copy that and I’ll pay more attention until I get the lay of the land…