Bird of Glass

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’m posting this photo after listening to Cole Thompson interview today. Great photographer and we have become penpals on email. He talked of vision. Where you take a photo of something and clearly see the end results. That how i shot this !!! I knew what it was going to look like in the end results.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcomed !!!

Technical Details

ISO 400 Shutter 80 f 18 thats my idea of the settings. Natural light. Photoshop editing…

Hi Gill, quite the interesting image. Is this an ice sculpture?

No. It’s a glass ornament shaped like a bird. It has a wire pole to support it and was stuck in the ground in a yard. I had a vision of what it would look like and took a few shots.

Thanks for showing interest :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

I find this image fascinating, especially the reflections when viewed in the enlarged view. Technically, possibly a bit more room at the top.

It’s a little more balanced on my lap top original. But I did leave room at the bottom to give the bird in flight somewhere to go.
With all the editing to capture my vision , it was hard to keep the image tight. Also the background was used to show movement in the wings. Took a lot of burning and dodging and exposure filters to get that effect.

Thanks for showing interest.

:camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

Thanks Gill. That’s great to hear about your vision for the image. The subject definitely stands out against the dark background.