Bird Watching

This osprey flew by and gave me a close look , thus the caption. Cropped to about 50% of the original.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/2500, f/7.1 and ISO 640 with a 500 mm lens.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Richard, love the look you are getting here and the composition looks good to me. Settings seem spot on. I can barely see some quality loss on the bird from the large crop but it isn’t a deal breaker to my eye.

A dynamic composition and great look from the Osprey. Nice underwing detail and soft light on the white feathers. Nice sharpness and IQ looks good to me.

Great title, Richard. I really like the look it’s giving you. The plumage is interesting-it looks much more worn on its left wing than the right.

Hi Richard
Having spent a fair amount of time photographing Osprey and I agree with all the comments above, Nice work.
Peter