Osprey

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, F10 1/1000, ISO 400

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice composition, Patricia. The detail looks pretty good and I love the back lit tail. The pose is also very good. I could wish for a nicer sky, but you don’t have much control over that aspect. A fine Osprey image.

Here is the same image with a better sky. Composite of two of my images.

Very nice shot. I prefer the original over the one with the ‘better sky’, which looks a bit artificial to me. Certainly a great pose of the osprey!
Grt, Ingrid.

Patricia, love the incoming pose. If I may suggest, I think the clouds would look better if you apply some sort of blur to it before merging. The DOF just doesn’t seem to make sense to have such a defined cloud especially at that focal length (a few degrees of field of view). I think that will help to make the composite less artificial.

Love the pose and and the backlit tail. I agree that the composite looks unnatural for the same reasons given by @Adhika_Lie. Also, the image quality could be better. Looks like a large crop?