Sitting Pretty

Canon 7D with 100-400 lens.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This looks like a juvenile. I am a little torn about the composition, Patricia. The bird is looking to the left but there is not much in that area. I don’t think the diagonal trunk helps either.

Patricia, I’m really liking this a lot. I might be odd person out here on the diagonal branch. I think it works OK for me. I might nip off with a clone job the small twigs at the base there. Those seem to be an eye draw for me. The osprey is gorgeous…:sunglasses:

Great perch and composition, Patricia. The over-the-shoulder head turn works perfectly with the rest of the composition. You might sharpen the face just a trifle-it’s not quite popping, but I think it could.

I am fine with the comp. The head is soft and the focus appears to be on the anterior wing. You could apply some sharpening to the head.

Nice image Patricia, I think I would take a little bit off the right and I could see cloning out the 2 thin branches at the bottom.