Osprey

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Here’s an Osprey shot I was able to get down in Florida. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/6400, f 5.6, 500mm, ISO 720, AI Clear, cropped to 1452 x 1833

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Excellent detail and the colors and contrast are some of the best I’ve seen in an Osprey shot. My only wish would have been for the entire wing span.

Thanks for your input, Allen. This guy flew over so low that I was not able to see all of its wings area. One was not all there so I cropped it on down for a close up. I usually don’t have an issue with raptors being too close :wink:

Superb detail, Dave. That eye is awesome in the largest view. Did you have all the wings in the original? Just curious. I tend to like the way this crop shows off the detail.

Dave, I think you did a great job in capturing this shot. When they do fly over so close you have a tendency to be caught off guard Of course you had the long lens, ready for him to do what they usually do, keep their distance. Such great details.