Birds in the Brambles

Image Description

On my daily excursions, there isn’t much new flora yet, so birds seem to be congregating in the blackberry vines.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any thoughts appreciated

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 at 500 mm; Ruby-Crowned Kinglet: 1/1000 at f7.1; ISO 1250
House Sparrow: 1/640 at f7.1, -1/3 EV; ISO 2000
Song Sparrow: 1/500 at f7.1; ISO 1000
Spotted Towhee 1/500 at f7.1; ISO 1600

2 Likes

What a great collection! My faves are the kinglet and towhee (probably as I seem to only be able to find sparrows right now)…to get them at eye level and sharp with such nice backgrounds is a great achievement… I am guessing you have more patience than me. I love the depth of field on all of them as well…interesting with the in and out of focus.

Yes this is a really appealing quartet! I love the unifying theme of scraggly twigs, and that the birds are all perched and of similar size. Nice collection!

Thank you @Robena.Sirett and @Mark_Muller for your kind words. Amazing they can somehow avoid the stickers.

Indeed! And I was just thinking I do like the sparrow on the bottom right as well… I cannot blame the sparrow for being a sparrow…

1 Like

Nice captures of hard to get birds. I think the towhee is my fave - a really hard bird for me to catch and nice that he is on a branch. Nice series of images that tell the “bird in the bramble” story.

1 Like

A very nice collection, Allen and an excellent job pulling them out of the blackberries.

1 Like