D850
500mm
1/320 sec, f/8
Mode: Av
Metering: Spot
ISO: 400
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

This is superb in every way Sandy. It’s a standout simply because the plover is doing something other than posing. Add in the great exposure, foreground and background, and you have another worth time on your wall.

Beautiful shot, Sandy. Besides catching the bird with his meal and doing a nice job of that, I also like the changes in texture from foreground to background. Nice!

This is excellent Sandy… very nice angle and the prey is always a bonus.
Maybe a bit more room in front of the bird.

Nice timing, Sandy. Will have to agree with the Plover that crabs are delicious!

Excellent shot, Sandy. Everything about it.

Excellent, Sandy. I like this for all the reasons Hank mentioned. That bit of breaking surf at the bottom and the high key water behind it is great.

Great shot of the Plover, Sandy! A perfect exposure with great clarity. The foam makes a nice base for the image also. It would be a very good photo with the Plover alone but the crab in its mouth puts it over the top! Well done!

Sandy,

Pretty cool image. I like this one as presented. Well done…Jim

Nice exposure control. Love the breaking wave at the bottom of the frame. The crab adds interest. Well done.

Great shot. DOF was perfect to get the detail in the FG. Nice work.

Very appealing image, Sandy ! Love the stride, foamy waters and of course the prey ! Great work … Best, Hans