Black headed grosbeak

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This black headed grosbeak is been around my area for a while. I had heard rumors of avian flu going around our neighborhood so I didn’t put out any food until this week. . Birds came pretty quickly. They are also attracted by my fountain and pond, especially with the current heat.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

ISO 4000, 200-600 +1.4 X, at 820 mm equivalent, F9, 2000th, Sony a1

I really like this one, David. I’ve been trying to get a good shot of the male, but ours seem rather skittish. The raised wings are really cool because they show off the yellow patch.

Nice catch of a beautiful bird. Like @Dennis_Plank, I like the raised wings. Well done.

Pretty nice shot of this guy. The raised wings and shiney curved surface makes this look like hanging onto the slippery slope. Well done with techs spot on…Jim

What a colorful bird! We don’t have those here, so far as I know, so it’s nice to see. The pose is fun with the wing lifted. Some species of frogs have yellow patches on the inside of their thighs and it’s thought to warn predators off. Maybe this marking has a similar purpose? Interesting.

Another one I missed until now! Lovely in all regards, and a well-deserved EP!

There are only a few here every year – they seem to come and go with the Orioles. They are cautious and skittish and I haven’t gotten a decent shot of one for several years.