Black-necked_foraging

Sorry for the previous post-forgot to include the image!

A late afternoon shot taken form our recent trip to the Galapagos Islands.

Black-necked Stilt
Isla Isabela, Galapagos, Ecuador

D500
500mm f/4
1/1250@f/5.6
ISO 640
HH

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all comments are welcomed.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice detail, pose, comp, and reflection. On my calibrated monitor, there is a strong blue cast, especially at the transition between the black and white plumage.

I agree with David about the blue cast, probably because of the light angle. I really like the water ripple here!

Thanks for the observation with the transition color cast. I removed quite a bit of the blue from the original but couldn’t reduce it all. I think the low light angle at the time of capture was the main culprit.

Best,

Chuck

Beautiful reflection Chuck, I think you could go a bit brighter overall.

Great pose, perch and reflection, Chuck. I think I’d work on toning down that bright shoulder-it really draws my eye from the rather dim whites on the rest of the bird and particularly pulls my eye away from the face.