Black-necked stilt calling

This is an image from last weekend. This stilt was continuously calling and flying around this pool. It was joined by a few others a little later, eventually calmed down and even ventured closer. This was one of a few times it was not obstructed by surrounding vegetation.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any/all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any/all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

840mm on tripod, 1/500s@F10, ISO500. Full frame. Cloned out some vegetation around the stilt that was distracting.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful capture. I especially like its position in the frame with room at the right and the calling pose. There is an out of focus reed at lower left corner that does distract a bit.

1 Like

Govind, most excellent. I really like that water. I agree with Jim about the reed on the LLC, especially the one that is going diagonal on that corner. I do want to have a little more room on top but that’s not a big deal. Also, I think you have a little bit of chromatic aberration on the black/white intersection just below the eye. Should be very easy to fix.

1 Like

The bird looks great. The unattractive foreground and busyness that surrounds the birds head, less great. All subjective.
TY for post

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Jim_Gavin, @Adhika_Lie, @stevenm. I wasn’t sure about the oof vegetation in the llc. Initially I thought I’ll clone it out, but then figured it was at a corner and did not pursue it any further. Maybe I will take it out after all.

Nice exposure and detail - love the calling pose. Such photogenic birds and this is a fine capture of one. Some work in LLC may help the image IMO.

1 Like

Very cool, Govind. I like the calling pose and the eye pops very well. Those long legs are just great.