Black-Necked Stilt

Shot this recently.

Techs:
D850
700mm
1/3200
f/7.1
ISO 400

In post, I cropped a bit, leveled, and cleaned up the water. The shot was also underexposed, so I had to raise the exposure. All C&C welcome.

2 Likes

I do not ever remember seeing a more perfect reflection. That is amazing.

Very beautiful shot. A very elegant pose of the stilt.
Grt, Ingrid.

Great job on a very tricky exposure. Both whites and blacks have good detail. The reflection is amazing.

Lyle, I think the blue on that water is really really special!

Really good timing to get this stooping pose and water droplets, Lyle. I like the open comp to show environment. Needless to say it’s a nice reflection, and the exposure seems well managed considering the blacks and bright whites in a single exposure. The bright conditions worked well to show the iridescent back plumage.

Lovely reflection shot, Lyle. Great light and your water cleanup looks very good. This is one image that I think would really benefit from a border, particularly on the dark NPN version.

Lovely image Lyle, and I agree with many of the critiques below. If this were my image I would be tempted to tease a little more detail from the whites.

Wonderful light, detail and reflection! The water drops provide a sense of movement. Well done!

Beautiful image Lyle. Love the near perfect reflection and the water drops. Beautiful blues and greens make for an outstanding setting. Exposure looks spot on. Very well done.