Black Phoebe

What was once an uncommon bird in Oregon now seems to be everywhere.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/320 at f6.3; ISO 400

Real nice look at this Black Phoebe. I like the pose, the perch, and the background. I think a tad of mild sharpening using Photoshop on the head would improve the sharpness without making it over sharp. I have yet to see one appear near Olympia and I don’t know if Dennis has seen one at his house which is about 20 miles south of me. It would be a welcome addition to the usual suspects.

1 Like

I love the lichen on the perch! Even though there is a bit of interest in the BG on the right, with a hint of yellow, it feels like too much empty space to me. If it were me, I’d crop from the right but before that I’d transplant the yellow areas.

1 Like

Allen: A very pleasing frame. The perch is really nice. Lovely background.
Maybe a little too much on the right, but not much. The yellow spots… Absolutely nothing wrong with them. Nature added a little color to the image. I don’t get why you’d want to take them out and try to make the background monochromatic.

1 Like

Lovely shot, and I like the composition. The larger version looks a bit grainy on my screen, I may try a little noise reduction and sharpening. Other than that a fine image, agree with Keith on not doing a thing about the BG. Cheers, Hans

1 Like