Black Swallowtail

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? How do you like the comp?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: I may have posted this one on the old NPN site and with my lightroom catalog blown up, technical details as far as camera settings are MIA. While on quarantine for the corona virus, I am currently grounded and am fulfilling my nature photography by examining and reprocessing some of my older images. For this posting, I tweaked back the saturation of the yellows and greens plus did some minor tweaks with AI Adjust.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

1 Like

Jim, I really like this shot. The composition works for me. Such great color and detail in the butterfly as well as the stem he is on, and the nice soft background really makes this a shot worth considering some wall space to hang it. Hopefully you will be out of quarantine soon and can shoot some more like it with spring getting started. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Jim: Great image of one of my favorite butterflies. We used to have a bunch of these around the house from caterpillar to finished flyer but over the past several years they have pretty much gone away. We still have monarchs, fritillllaries, painted ladies and the occasional buckeye despite Chrissy designing our garden with butterflies in mind. This is a wonderful exposure and your color management looks terrific. Most excellent. :billed_cap: :clap: :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Hi Jim, excellent DOF management with the subject sharp throughout. Nice smooth background and the perch works well. A real beauty. Well done.

1 Like