Black-tailed Jackrabbit

This Black-tailed Jackrabbit hung out in my cow pasture for several days. Although Jackrabbits are common in Texas, it’s the first time I’ve seen one on my property which is northeast of Dallas. I think this is a fun photo with his ears listening from different directions.

I tend toward minimal changes to the environment but I am tempted to remove at least part of that stem heading toward his eye on the right. What do you think?

1/1000, f6.3, ISO 3200 @600mm

1 Like

This image has a comic appeal because of ears, I love the backlighting on the ear and the shining eyes.
As for the removal of stem, the picture calls for it, but you have to decide, if you prefer it or not.

1 Like

Terri, it does have a comic appeal to it, as Jagdeep said. I also love the backlighting and how it illumines the ear sticking up. The stem doesn’t bother me at all, it looks like it kind of balances with one on the other side of him. That blade of grass in his mouth is certainly a nice addition as well. Great shot.

1 Like

Definitely a fun photo Terri. At first I thought he only had one ear! I like the photo much better knowing the ears were just listening in different directions. As for the stem, seems to me it is subtle enough to not draw too much attention. As Jagdeep said, it’s really your choice. Great capture.

1 Like