Bleeding Heart

This was my first chance ever to photograph these flowers, and I absolutely loved doing it. These are at back edge of my sister’s garden in the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina and the background is another mountainside far away. I did make adjustments in Camera Raw Filter (but not to saturation) and additionally brightened the entire image, which brought out this shade of green. I liked it. As always these things are a matter of opinion.

Specific Feedback Requested

General feedback.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
EF100-400mm f/4.5-5/6L IS II USM +1.4x III
1/60 sec at f/7.1
0 EV
No flash
Aperture Priority
Pattern metering
ISO 100
390mm

@barbjgraham

Barbara, I can see where you would have enjoyed photographing these beautiful flowers. I like how you captured the out of focus ones in the background as well.

1 Like

One of the first blooms in my garden and always a welcome sight. Nice composition and background. Well done.

1 Like

Bleeding hearts are always a joy to photograph. I like the composition with the stem leading to the flower. I wonder if a vertical crop could be better as the stems are long. Colors are just right, as it is easy to oversaturate the pink. The bright pink brings the flower out well. I would have preferred more depth on the flower, but looks like it was a delicate balance as increasing the dof would have made the background flowers more distinct to cause distraction. Well done.

1 Like