Blizzard

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The cherry blossoms were so profuse it was like a blizzard on the first day of April. Mike and I were wandering around in Longwood Gardens, PA a couple of days prior to this visit and captured a couple of images of this tree when the bloom; consisting of some lovely pinks and whites; was not as far along.

Specific Feedback

All C&C welcome and appreciated.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7, Nikon 24-200 @ 200 mm, f 11 @ 1/30 sec, ISO 400, Kase magnetic CPL, cable release & tripod

1 Like

Great capture and great title, Ed. It does look like a snowy blizzard. There’s almost a sense of circular movement to it. Well done. :metal:

1 Like

I didn’t notice that but he’s so right. There’s a swirling aspect to this. I like the hint of yellow in places. I wonder if a slight amount of cooling would go well with that yellow. Probably not.

1 Like

Just,WOW. A big spring festival !!

1 Like

I really appreciate the subtle colors in this image Ed. As noted I also really like the swirling impression this has, and the little bits of gold showing through. Flurries of flowers!

1 Like

Beautiful, Ed. What a spectacular scene! As others have noted, the swirling/circular impression of this image is really great.

1 Like

I love the contrast between the delicate blooms and the strong branches is so nice! I like this a lot.

1 Like

Many thanks everyone @Michael_Lowe, @Igor_Doncov, @Ben_van_der_Sande, @Ed_Williams, @John_Kilgour and @Tom_Nevesely for the kind words; always appreciated. I too like the appearance of the swirling motion created by the blooms.

@Igor_Doncov : I’ll play around with your suggestion and see what I come up with.