Blue-tipped Dancer

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Mature Blue-tipped Dancer’s like to perch very low, even on the ground next to flowing water. This one was kind enough to use and reuse this perch on a fallen log as it hunted small insects along side a medium sized creek.

Technical Details

R5, 180mm macro, 1/400 s, f/11, iso 800, tripod, a 5 shot stack for dof on the damsel.

4 Likes

Mark, this is simply gorgeous. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the BG color palette. It highlights the beauty of the tack-sharp Blue-tipped Dancer. Your photo stacking process gave us a beautiful and sharp photo. Dragonflies and Damselflies are such cooperative subjects. They do love returning to a perch over and over. I really do not see anything I could suggest to make this image any better Wonderful capture!

Mark, this is a fine look at this Blue-tipped Dancer. You captured nice details throughout the Damselfly. I like the log he/she is on, and the BG sure makes him stand out nicely. Great shot!

Mark, this is very nice and the bright BG makes the damselfly stand out. I find this image very pleasing and like it as presented. Awesome…Jim

Well done! Wonderful detail and a great BG!!