Bluebird Battle Final

Thanks for the comments. Last photo in the story. The male Bluebird watched the ongoing back and forth at the nest from the top of a nearby spruce from time to time.

Nikon D500, Nikon 200-400, 1/400, F6.3, ISO 640. DXO for NR only and the remainder of processing in LR.

Composition work here ?

Comments and critiques needed. I appreciate those who took the time to post on the others in the series.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice shot of the male, Andrew. This composition works well for my taste. So which species won?

A two week standoff with both birds on and off the nest. Some fighting between the two in flight but they both eventually left. No nesting this spring there.

This is the best shot of your little battle series, Andrew! Great color, clarity and pose. The green background with the spruce tip perch really sets off the bird. For future reference, when you have a series of photos that tell a story you might try putting them all in one post in the avian gallery instead of the avian critique gallery. I’ve done a couple of those and they haven’t rejected them. It’s kind of nice to see the whole story at one time and you don’t have to wait a day for each photo. It would be nice if there was a gallery just for multiple photo stories like this.

@Gary_Minish, @Andrew_Sentipal. I’ll have to sdmit I don’t recall the exact number, but multiple images for stories like this are allowed in the critique forums. Check the posting guidelines. I’ve done at least 3 in the past.

Great capture, Andrew!

Wonderful sharpness and colour here. This composition works great IMHO. The colour contrast really makes this little guy pop. I’ve yet to see one of these guys in the wild, but they are on the bucket list.

Congrats on a great shot!

Really like the color palette on this shot. Great detail in the bird and nice background.

Hello, Andrew ! Lovely image, bird and perch are great ! Only the composition looks a little unusual to me, but for some reasons I find anything out of 2:3 ratio a little hard te deal with :blush: , but that says more about me than about your image ! Fine piece of work ! Cheers, Hans