Bluebirds Feeding

This is something of a test. I’ve been trying to use the new posting system and kept getting my posts truncated. David Kingham thinks it’s because I us an ampersand symbol in my posts, so I won’t use it in this one and see how it works. It didn’t work. It truncated just before the ? at the end of the “specific feedback requested” section.

As I’ve said before, we feed mealworms to the Bluebirds and at this point they have us well trained. Often I’ll go out to feed the other birds in the morning and they’ll show up asking for breakfast. Or I’ll take the garbage out after dinner and there they’ll be. Last night I had 10 lined up along the crossbar of our summer finch feeding station.

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried to get the eye to hit the right hand bird first and work left along the top before going back to the bird in the box. Did my processing come close to accomplishing this?

Not a composite.

Technical Details:
Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 252 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/1600, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR and PS CC. Cropped to 5592x3728. Blur added to upper background and the entire background slightly desaturated. Selective sharpening, saturation, contrast and color temperature adjustments to the birds to try to draw the eye to them in the order I wished.

Dennis; sounds like David’s got his hands full trying to get this new system up. I’ve not tried it yet, a little concerned with the process at this point.
The little bluebirds are so sweet and most definitely looking for their next hand out. The detail and coloring on each one of them looks great and I do like how you’ve processed the background. The subtle adjustments you’ve made to each bird does not show up on my screen, but that is probably my screen issues as it is not top of the line. Still enjoy the birds especially the little one peaking out from the bottom of the tray. Very nicely done.