Bluebull

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I happened to process this image in a traditional B&W way, like earlier photographers used to do.

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm lens; ISO 640; 1/640 sec. at f 4.5

3 Likes

J, the first thing that comes to mind from a photographic perspective is “framing”. Can’t say I recall seeing too many if at all any naturally framed & isolated subjects like this one. Truly an excellent image as presented… :sunglasses:
The B&W works perfectly on this scene.

1 Like

Hey, Jagdeep. Gotta say I’m not a big fan of b&w photography for wildlife, but I think you made a good decision, here. It really sets the mood for this animal surrounded by what I’m guessing are bright greens all around him. Well done.

1 Like

Whoa, Jagdeep, this is so beautiful! The natural framing is stunning and the b/w effect makes the whole scene pop, for me. Outstanding capture.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Jagdeep. I love the brightness distribution in this image.
Great position of the animal against the bright background and excellent natural “vignette”, showing the bluebull in its habitat. Wonderful.

1 Like

I think the framing works well here in part because the transition from dark to light is layered and doesn’t feel too jarring. Nice concept, Jagdeep, and well-executed.

1 Like

Love this, Jagdeep. Makes me think of a 19th century Lithograph Perfect BW, lovely tones. The only thing I might do is to crop it a bit from the top. I find the mass of the framing a bit overwhelming.

2 Likes