A Jumbo Rhythm.

A big bull approaching, his gait was full of power and rhythm.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I happened to post this image in color, some time back, does it work in B&W.

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm; ISO 1000; 1/500 at f 4.

2 Likes

J…It must be so gratifying to see one of these lumbering giants out and about unrestricted. Your photo with the lifted leg provides a feel of movement or action in this static image… :+1:
Only thought for changes might be to do some toning down of the highlights. A subjective thought on that item… :thinking:

1 Like

Hello, This is a great photo. Very dynamic and tells the story in your title. I think the black and white works great as it highlights the texture of the elephant.

1 Like

I think this works nicely in B&W especially since the elephant is mostly gray. I remember the color version, and I think I prefer this one. Awesome.

1 Like

I love this! We don’t always have time to compose moments like this differently than they present themselves to us. It might have been nice to have the Elephant off to the left a bit and show more of the path in the foreground, but I suspect you’d have done that if it was possible! I think the tones are perfect. The highlights, especially in the background give a sense of depth added to by the blurry foliage in the foreground. It’s almost cheating to show a photo of an Elephant side we love them so much! I think this is excellent as a black and white.

1 Like