Bounty Bay 23-104

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

While working in SC, one of my collectors told me about Bounty Bay. Old pre-Civil War plantation.
This image is where a saltwater marsh runs into the Atlantic Ocean.
It reminds me of Clyde Butcher’s images of the Big Cypress in Southern Florida. Clyde is known for his huge Black and White prints. I think he does this so you can see all the details in his images.

Specific Feedback

How does this image read on the web? I liked it a lot when I printed it to 40 inches. But not so sure here.

Technical Details

Lumix S5II

When I’ve been able to print in the past, it’s always an interesting comparison to how the same image looks on a monitor. My suspicion is your print wins walking away, because small details in a big view seem to struggle when they are not full size. (Or, I just really need a bigger monitor. I wonder if I can get SWMBO to buy that argument…)

The simple patterns of the grass and sky make the trees very important here, and do a nice job of emphasizing them. I’m curious, what’s causing most of the clouds to be blurred while the ones near the horizon are not? Was that a processing step?