Breakout_Sun Halo Repost

I previously submitted a B&W image for review and there was a strong opinion from the group to submit the color version, and to give a little more room around the halo. Here is the color version and I reduced my crop from previous as well as added content-aware canvas supplementation peripherally, by ~10-15%.

I’d be interested in your thoughts and thanks as always for your time and consideration.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome. There is much that this image says to me on a personal level regarding breaking out of a sense of confinement, be it internally and artificially created, or externally as with what COVID has done to us all. Also, conveys my battle with perfectionism and an effort to embrace the beauty of imperfection conveyed by the textures within and around the halo and sunstar.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800; 24-70 f/2.8 @ 24mm. 1/80 @ f/22 handheld

1 Like

Hi Jim - I like this version much better than the B&W. The reduced crop and addition of canvas are very effective.

Looks great to me. No nits. I like the deep blue colour.

Thanks @Eva_McDermott and @Nathan_Klein. I’m happier with it as well.

JIm, I think both changes make a nice difference, this works fine for me. Having the blue color in the sky creates more of a “celestial” look than the B&W image did. :+1:

1 Like

A really fascinating and well done abstract, Jim. No suggestions from me.

This very nice.
A simple composition, that works much better in color.
Nice.