Breezy Day

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

It was a beautiful day in early September, with just a hint of fall in the air. The wind was coming through the tops of the trees and the sound was so peaceful and calming. I wanted to capture the wind to remember the feeling of that day.

Specific Feedback

This was my first attempt at long exposure. Any feedback is welcome!

Technical Details

Hi Derika! I really like the concept of this image. The movement of the leaves and upper branches are captured well. IMHO, the brightness of the mid-afternoon light has resulted in too much contrast. I think this would have worked better on a heavy overcast day.

Just a thought - you might want to try this as an abstract image. There is a lot you can do in a program like Lightroom - as an abstract image, you have a much broader “artistic license” when processing. I opened this image in Lightroom to attempt to reduce the contrast, etc. Playing with the various sliders resulted in some interesting results.

Hi Steve!
Thank you for your feedback! I’ve been working with the image a little more, but I do agree with you that the contrast is too high. I am going to keep at it and will post a revised image at some point.
Have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:
Derika

1 Like