Brown Creeper Creeping

I am always on the lookout for birds to shoot in our backyard and yesterday a pair of brown creepers showed up. I rarely see these little hard to photograph guys. They hardly hold still. This was my favorite pose of the ones I got (wish I could’ve gotten a capture with both of them in it)

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1250th, f 8.0, 750mm, ISO 1400, cropped to 1482 x 1707, Topaz Photo AI

Boy do I know it! Every time I get one in my sights - zip - around the tree and up it goes. So great job being quicker than me. The side pose is great - if only it would have turned slightly to you, but what can you do? The muted colors and soft background work well here.

Nice shot of a bird we don’t have in my area. I like the bokeh background. It blends well with the brown creeper. This is only a suggestion. The whites on the bird’s upper neck and behind the eye look a little blown out. Maybe toning the white down a little in those areas and adding some texture would bring out some detail in the feathers. Also darkening the tree some would help bring out this cute little bird. Congratulations on getting a shot of a small bird in constant motion. I totally understand how difficult that is.

Hi Dave
Thank you for my first view of a Brown Creeper. The background colors really help to make the Creeper stand out. You did a good job on the whites and I really like the eye contact.
Peter