Brown creeper

Pleased to get some good photos of this agile little guy. Glad he stayed on one tree for a spell

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Exposure time: 1/1250 s
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: Manual
ISO speed rating: 1250

The first image is really nice, Eddie. Detail and exposure are both excellent. I would think about cropping it to a vertical format and removing a bunch of the tree trunk which is visually overwhelming. For once it would have been nice to have a bit more distance to the subject so you wouldn’t have had to clip the tail. I like the pose of the second image a lot, but the whites look pretty badly blown out with no detail on my monitor. The third on is a fun pose and a nice look at the back of the bird.

I like the first image - the display of agility and how the coloring and pattern on the back of the bird has similarities to the tree bark. Because of this I would like it if the tree bark was more in focus also. The second image is also interesting because of the half hidden position of the bird and the look on its face.

Thanks. Yes the highlights are blown on that. I have a similar shot of him facing the other way and it has has better highlights but the face is shaded

Hi Eduard, a tough subject to capture as they are generally always on the move. I agree with Dennis’ comments. I think cropping from the right on the first image would be an improvement. Nice view of an interesting bird.