Brown Tree-creeper I

Brown Tree-creeper II

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’d been seeing lots of Chickadees and some Nuthatches in my blind area when I’ve been out there lately to feed or work on my drip system. We finally got some nice overcast weather this morning so I went out for a couple of hours, particularly hoping for some good Nuthatch images. That didn’t pan our, but this Tree-creeper showed up and spent quite a while in the area. It was on the upper pool where these shots were taken a lot, but the only time it dipped a foot in the water, it took off in a hurry-may have been a new experience. I kept hoping for a classic pose on one of the more or less vertical perches I have out, but the only one I got was on one of the posts for my covered feeding area (to be posted in Human and Fauna).

Specific Feedback

Anything you think I could do to improve these in processing.

Technical Details

Both images taken with a Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/6.3, 1/320, iso 2500. Processed in LR & PS CC. #1 cropped to 3108x4110, #2 cropped to 3084x2232.

1 Like

Hi Dennis, I’m jealous of your capture here! I find these to be very unique and interesting birds which never cooperate at my set ups. So nice for you to catch one like this. I’ve only photographed them rarely on tree trunks with hidden bark butter.

Nice feather detail, setting, background, etc. Well done.

I like the different aspect of the bird that you have here. Yes, the creeping behavior is really fun, but that’s mostly how they’re photographed so these are a nice change of pace. Plus technically they’re great and the bird shows a bit of “personality” if I might stretch a point. Thanks for getting out there to catch these.

A cutie, and worthy additions to your collection! I love the swept-up breast feathers on the second one.

I agree it is so hard to capture Brown Tree- creepeer staying still. Gives you a different view of its tail and face. A very nice portrait.

I really like the first image of this creeper. Lighting is excellent and the pose is quite good. Bump up the microcontrast a little and it will be close to perfection. Awesome job…Jim