Brown Creeper and Re-post

“Creep”: To go very slowly; To go timidly or cautiously so as to escape notice. I’d say this bird was not well named. It moves fast and it’s hard to get a shot. I think it escapes notice by being nicely camouflaged.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 500 mm; 1/2500 at f7.1, ISO 4000

1 Like

Hello! Great capture of such a fast bird. This indeed tells the story of camouflage! It took a second for my eyes to adjust to what I was seeing. I am not an expert on processing so take this with a grain of salt…I might experiment with lowering the highlights a tad. Beautiful colours and patterns in the bird juxtaposed with the different patterns on the tree.

1 Like

An unusual catch with wonderful sharpness and detail! It definitely conveys the idea of a busy little bird.

It looks like a shoot-through has given the brighter area in the UR – I wonder about darkening it with a gradient Curves. I think you could come close to matching the tonal range of the other areas.

1 Like

You froze this great bird very well. I agree with @Diane_Miller about darkening the UR and you could even try that with the LLC too. This shot deserves those final touches perhaps.

1 Like

Nice job of of catching this small, fast, hard to see bird. I have a couple hanging around I’ve been trying to get in the crosshairs all winter, but have yet to succeed! I agree with the other “critiquer’s” that slight adjustments in a couple of areas would be nice finishing touches. But a wonderful shot, as presented.

1 Like

Thanks @Robena.Sirett , @Diane_Miller , @Mike_Friel , and @terryb for your input. I definitely missed those highlights. Here’s a re=post. The RUC was tough to deal with, so I just cloned it out and in general brought down the highlights and played around with it a bit as well. I think the creeper does stand out better.

3 Likes

Bravo on the edits. It was good to begin with, now it’s great.

2 Likes