Brunch At the Club

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Runoff from heavy rainfall created a temporary stream on the Gulf Course. Guests immediately took advantage of the buffet, which was available without charge to all our feathered visitors.

Specific Feedback

Deciding where to crop proved to be a challenge.

Technical Details

It was taken with my Sony a7iv on a tripod. ISO 800, f/8 at 1/1000 sec.
It was processed in LR and PS using the TK9 luminosity masking to edit the stream and grassy areas.

1 Like

Free buffet, I’m in. What a shot, it doesn’t end. I played around with a crop in different places. I cropped it about 2 thirds up where the water turns dark and there are no visitors seated in the water. But that would take away a lot of “small in the frame” visitors. Still a great shot. I really like the Heron. I guess he was in charge of seating . Thanks.

Thanks for the comments. I have it on good authority that the heron was in charge. A 2/3 crop would work, but I wanted to include the American Wigeons in the large flock at the back of the frame. By the way, they are not popular with the golfers. They come every winter and make walking the golf course a challenge. The dire threats to their welfare seem to have diminished over the years. After all, they are guests!

I really like the overall depth of this Barbara. It just goes on and on. What a crew.

Thanks, Ed. The birds have several places like this on the golf course. It was a lucky moment.