Bryce canyon rainfall

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nice image of Bryce Canyon Richard. Been there several times, such a great place to explore and photograph.

The subtle leading line towards the rain in the back is gorgeous and I think this image has a lot of potential. I do wish that the contrast is less harsh though. I think backing out the global contrast and only adds it selectively to bring out the rain will have a good effect on the image.

1 Like

The virga looks awesome, and I like how the cool blue tones of the clouds and background mountains makes the rain stand out against the otherwise warm colors of the scenes. I like the composition, the arrangement of the hoodoos is well done and creates a tremendous sense of depth. Like @Adhika_Lie, I also find the contrast in the landscape a bit heavy. There are some subtle colors and tones in the landscape that might come forward better if the contrast were reduced. This contrast reduction is most needed in the nearest hoodoos, the ones near the Sinking Ship are not quite as contrasty. In the nearest hoodoos, the reds are too dark and the whites too bright for my taste.

Thank you for your kind comment Linda,I really find that Bryce Canyon is something else to shoot.

Richard Small

That is a great suggestion , I sometimes get heavy handed with some of my post processing. I’ll work on your suggestion and thanks.

Richard Small

Thank you for your comments Ed, I see what you are talking about. I need to pay a little more attention to my post processing. Thank you again for your help.

Richard Small