Bubble Nebula

The Bubble nebula (NGC 7635) is 7000 light years away in the constellation Cassiopeia.
Formed by intense solar wind blowing off the massive hot central star.
The bubble is a trillion miles wide.

Specific Feedback Requested

I did not really have enough time on this, perhaps a bit rough?

Technical Details

3 hours of imaging with asi533 astro camera and Williams z81 scope in my backyard, Portland Oregon.
Effective focal length 1220mm.
PP in Astropixel, Pixinsight, Capture one, Affinity photo, Photoshop.

Nice view of a very interesting object, and very impressive that it was shot from a bright urban area.

Wow, cool shot! I’m always amazed by these types of shots. I think I might burn down and desaturate that one red blob in the upper right corner. Were those star bursts caught in Camera?

Since I know almost nothing about the technicalities of these types of shots I’ll just comment on the visuals. I always find your astro photographs to be on another level of sophistication Dan. This one is no different. I love the colors, the magenta reds and the bluish look of the bubble. I think the composition works well but you may want to add a starburst along the left side of the image to balance out all of the bursts on the right side. I would also see what desaturating the bright area in the upper right corner does. Just a little so it doesn’t grab the eye so much and compete with the bubble nebula. Beautiful, Dan. Just beautiful.

Another excellent image, Dan. These are so fun to lose myself in. Please keep them coming. I agree with the other comments about the upper right corner and another starburst to balance. Very cool.

Dan,

I’ll echo most of what’s been said, especially David’s comments. Amazement continues on the efforts, and more importantly, the results of the astro photography. Impressive!

I would agree just from an image presentation perspective to tone down the UR corner, but that’s somewhat picky of course.

An observation I have is that all the stars (star points as well) seem to be “closer” than the nebula? I mean is that quite literal as the nebula is 7,000 light years away? I’m probably asking a naive astro question, so no need to even explain… :slight_smile:

Love the colors and the deep sky.

Lon