Buffleheads escape

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

I was at Patagonia State Park last week checking out the water birds. These two took off just as I was getting close but, still about 50 yards away. Usually I just get a butt shot but, fortunately they came across. I had to crop the image to about 30% so the detail is not great. I liked their

position and the colors. Just did basic adjustments in Lightroom.
All comments are appreciated.
Canon 7Dmarkll, Sigma 150-600C, ISO 500, f/8, 1/800. Lr and PSCC

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Charlie

Very nice bufflehead shot! The one thing I would suggest is to do some more work on the eye of bh#1 ( leading bird) and the head of bh#2. Since you are working in LR , try the radial filter- making sure to put the feather at 100%. That filter will allow you to brighten/saturate/sharpen the eye of the first bird and the whole head of the second

I think a pano composition would work better if you have the pixels. I can see the large crop in the larger frame - there is some noise in the darker parts of the water. I think you could also add a round of sharpening to both the birds - on the largest version, their heads appear a little soft.

Thanks. Tough for me when I had to crop so much. I think you are right bout the Pano. Now that I look at it again.