Bufflehead take off

Taken this spring at a nearby waterhole.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? horizon is a compromise

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 5000, 100-400 plus 1.4x at 560, f8, 5000th, 55% of full frame, handheld, A7R4

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. nm
1 Like

I like everything about this shot. You have excellent detail in the bufflehead and its nice it is coming towards you. Light is good and the splash and water colors add to the photo. Well done.

Great action, David. The take-off pose of the Bufflehead is superb and I love the water splashes.

1 Like

Very cool image. The lines in the water are nice. I’m not bothered by the foreground foliage. Seems to add the the environment.

Very cool shot David, the line of splash and comp with the duck in front is excellent. For me the vegetation in the foreground is bright and distracting so I would consider cropping it to even more of a pano, although you would lose some more pixels.

If the FG foliage was sharp I would keep it…
Bufflehead and splash are very nice.