Buried +new version

New Version:

Original:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Photographing the subject was tricky because the tripod was suspended by the thick moss. The legs were not on firm ground.

Specific Feedback

Is this too dark?

Technical Details

GFX50R, 45-100mm, f/11

1 Like

Igor,
This is so fascinating; almost as though the tree was sleeping under a blanket of moss. I guess in a way it was as it was helping to nourish the forest floor for the next generation. I could see it being just a little lighter without destroying the peaceful serene mood you captured. I also like that little patch of light in the BG as it helps direct me through the scene. Beautifully done.

1 Like

Ed, doesn’t that black sapling in the front bother you?

Igor,
It does a little, but it is not a deal breaker for me because I think the image tells a wonderful story of the cycle of life. As we photographers all know forests are messy by nature and it is rare that you can find everything in an orderly structured place.

I have incorporated this suggestion you made in the new version. Thanks for bringing it up. You were right.

Lovely. The rework’s increased brightness is hardly noticeable on my screen. That little sapling in the LLC doesn’t bother me at all. It leads right into the buried log and is so subdued, it’s not a distraction. The subtle triangular shapes in the foreground made by the buried logs and that lighter one are great.

1 Like