Butterfly

Ypthima ceylonica (White four ring) is one of the butterflies that I spot in many place. This one I captured in my home town Hatton recently. The morning light was bit brighter.

Specific Feedback Requested

Submitting this for critical comments from.

Technical Details

Canon 70 D with 100 mm macro. Aperture = f/8, shutter speed = 1/125. ISO = 200. Hand held. As per the suggestions made on my previous post, cropped on the left hand and made the object more visible

1 Like

Hello Thiraviyam thanks for posting. The first thing that strikes me is the lack of sharpness in the forewings especially ocelli or eyespots. This is an import part in the image and you are immediately drawn to it. If you intentionally want to create blur then it has to be obvious across the image. I think the selected shutter speed is not sufficient to freeze the movement in this case if that was your intention. The white in the hind-wings are a little bright and could be reduced. I have also made the comment in a few others about cropping too tightly in the frame. Don’t be afraid to let the image breath a little. This is a point that I often have to make when judging competitions. I must also point out that critiquing images sometimes can be subjective and the person’s bias on aspects can often have a bearing.