Cadillac Sunset

This was originally not intended as a pano, but there was absolutely nothing going on above in the sky so this is what I settled on. Mike and I did not want to mingle with the hoards of people who congregate on the summit of Cadillac Mountain at sunset, so we decided to use one of the pulloffs on the summit road and walk to a spot mostly devoid of people. We wound up next to another photographer; who was from New York; and had a pleasant half hour or so chatting. This particular view is looking out over Eagle Lake at sunset. Fortunately this low lying thin band of clouds decided to cruise across the frame at the perfect time and added another element to the image.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome. Looking back I probably should have shoot another vertical that included the left end of Eagle Lake. Does that bother anyone that I did not include that side of Eagle Lake?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D700, Nikon 28-70 @ 28mm, f 18 @ 1/10 sec, ISO 200, MLU, cable release & tripod

3 Likes

Ed, the view looks very good with a fine foreground, lake and the clouds in perfect position. I’m not bothered in the least by not seeing the left end of the lake. As presented, there’s a nice balance between the ridge sticking up on the left and the shrubs in the lower right.

Great control of the exposure with just one shot. The pano crop works well. I didn’t comem away with any shots that night.