California Coastal Wildflowers

This image was taken last summer in the Big Sur wilderness area along highway 1. There was an abundance of wildflowers everywhere. The Big Sur coastline is pretty epic at any time of the year but in the spring and early summer it can really be magical.
Now with California opening up to travel a little bit I am heading to Big Sur again in a couple of weeks. I have not shot anything for about 3 months so I can’t wait. Be safe and thanks for taking a look and offering feedback.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

ANy and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

4 seconds @ f/11, 24mm, 24-70mm Z lens, Nikon Z7, SIO 100

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single exposure

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very beautiful photo David! My only nit is that on my screen it seems too warm.

This is a lovely evening shot of the spring along the Big Sur coast. I think I have taken this same field of flowers at some time in the past. Nicely seen and captured. I like the two rocks at sea to add interest to the horizon.

David,
The soft subtle light is perfect for showcasing this gorgeous field of wildflowers. The warm glow along the horizon also works well here as does the placement of those two rocks. If I had to make a suggestion it would be to lighten the land area along the top right side just a touch as it looks a little dark in relation to most of the wildflower field. I hope you do not mind, but here is a repost with what I was thinking.

Thanks so much @Tony_Siciliano, @Kathy_Barnhart and @Ed_Lowe for your comments and suggestions. Ed, I put a moderate vignette on the image and I think removing from the right side is a great call. Your reworking the image gives the scene a little bit more depth and I never mind when people rework one of my images. It’s why I love this site so much. I always get good feedback on things I had never thought of. Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to look, comment and make suggestions.

Really good spring flower scene and I like @Ed_Lowe 's repost. I was thinking along the same lines before reading his comments and seeing his rework. Quite the field of flowers and a fine sky to go with it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment @Harley_Goldman. I like Ed’s repost as well. My vignette was too strong on the right side.