Camelot Dream

This image was captured during a recent visit to Bandon, Oregon. The scene is a foggy sunset over the Coquille River. I was riding with fellow NPN member, Mark Muller, and as we were driving on the bridge over they river I saw this incredible scene. Mark did a U turn in the middle of the road to keep me from jumping out of the car. I love images that are pastel and soft and dreamy, so I’m definitely happy to have had the opportunity to see and capture this scene.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything at all.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: On the bridge!!

This is a wonderful monochromatic scene. I do love pink and purple, in photos at least. I like the balance, also, with that spit of land near the top.

1 Like

Chris, this is incredible. I love the soft look to everything. And in my favorite place too! I could retire in Bandon and be perfectly happy. Really nice image.

2 Likes

A fantastic image. The colors, tonalities and the soft patterns are really great. Hard to find something to improve here, but if you should do something IMO you could soften a tad the horizontal line close to the upper edge.

1 Like

This is a great pink/magenta dream, Chris. The tall reflection space in the lower parts add very well to that dreamy sense.

1 Like

Very different and lovely! I’m enjoying the reflection of the cloud in the water. Wonderful colors!

I’d be tempter to add a tiny bit more on top – the thin line of cloud being so close to the edge of the frame creates a tension that conflicts a bit with the peaceful image.

1 Like

Such a beautiful image @Chris_Baird , and what a fun memory! I mostly remember hearing “Stop the Car!”, and then the rest is a foggy, lavender blur! For me, this is forever “Chris’ Sunset”, and I am happy and fortunate to have experienced this with you.

@Bonnie_Lampley, @David_Bostock, @Ola_Jovall, @Mark_Seaver, @Mark_Muller Thank you very much for you wonderful comments and feedback.

This is a wonderful image. I love the colors and the fog. No improvements needed.
For myself, I tried a square crop (upper part of course), and like that as well.

1 Like