Camelot Dream

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was at a photography workshop at Bandon, Oregon, and was returning at the end of the day with fellow NPN member, Mark Muller. As we drove across the bridge over the Coquille River, I glanced to my right and saw a beautiful pastel fog over the river. I yelled at Mark to stop and turn around and, being the good sport that he is, he took us back over the bridge to shoot this unusual scene.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is appreciated. I’m not sure how I feel about this image. I wonder if maybe I’ve made it look too much like I remember feeling at the time or have become too attached to the image because it was so special.

Technical Details

4.0 sec @ f9, ISO 100

1 Like

Hi Chris, :slight_smile:

It’s impossible for me to know what the scene actually looked like but knowing that you processed in a way that reminds you of that special moment is what makes it special for me! :slight_smile:

My only wish is for everyone to have as many special moments like this as possible! :slight_smile:

Love the colors and the fog, it has a wonder feel of a dream state, one that makes you smile! :slight_smile:
And I really like the way the peninsula is positioned in the frame!

It sounds like you and Mark had a great time! I’m always happy to hear of times when NPN members can get together and share things like this.

Thanks for sharing with us, Chris! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Merv Thank you so much for your very special comments! :kissing_heart:

Well, if it reminds you of special moment and looks the way you like it, then you’re good! It’s lovely. What a treat to see - pastel fog!

1 Like

@Bonnie_Lampley Thanks, Bonnie.

Ah, the wonderful “pastel fog” of the Washington and Oregon coasts. It is such a treat for us who have the opportunity to be a part of it. You have captured it very well. How you feel about it is for you to determine. How I feel about it: Well done.

@Jim_Gavin Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hi Chris,

I really like your image and the feeling that it conveys. I just would crop the lower part, as it doesn’t contain much information, maybe to a 1:1-format.

Thanks for sharing!
Markus

Chris: this is certainly a lovely and dream like capture of the scene. The pastel tones are so remarkably different from most fog scenes.

Thanks for the edit. It does work.

@Richard_Sandor Thank you very much.

Chris, I find the image as I see it seems to capture that exceptional quality. I wouldn’t change a thing. In my opinion, the tighter crop destroys much of the mystery of the composition. I like all the space you left at the bottom. That seems to be a key to the feel of the moment. Thanks for sharing this moment with us.

1 Like

@Barbara_Djordjevic Thanks, Barbara. I agree about the space at the bottom adding to the mystery, which is why I left it. To me if makes it feel like a mythical island.

1 Like